Zoodles with a fried egg was the first meal I had when I started keto journey. I was a little skeptical about whether keto food would have flavor. When I thought of diet, the first thing that comes to mind is food that tastes like cardboard.
Sure a pasta dish for breakfast isn’t the norm, but hey, I’m not haten. Given my love for pasta, zoodles turned out to be a good substitute. Of course, it’s not the same, but it does keep temptation at arms length.
This breakfast option is pretty filling as a single serving. If you need to make it for more than yourself just click the 2x or 3x option to automatically convert your ingredient ratios.
Zoodles are also a great option whenever you want to have spaghetti. They go well in soups, with seafood, as a stir fry and more. Click here if you need to see other ways to enjoy them.Print
Zoodles With Fried Egg
1 medium zucchini
¼ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1 tsp minced garlic
⅛ cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cracked peppercorns
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Spiralized the zucchini (or buy already spiralized)
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half
- Heat the olive oil in a pan then add zucchini, garlic, salt, pepper and tomatoes and cook until slightly tender
- Place a circle in the middle of the cooked zoodles
- Crack the egg and cook until done
- Sprinkle on the feta cheese and serve