When I saw a picture of these Raspberry Jam Crumble Bars the first thing that came to mind is they’ll pair perfectly with my morning cup of coffee. And if I’m perfectly honest they make for a nice afternoon snack too. Now I can’t take full credit for this recipe because I stumbled upon it when surfing the net. So I have to give credit where credit is due so hats off to Sweet as Honey. The image that accompanied her recipe was so appetizing that it immediately inspired me to give it a try.
Not trying to fake it til I’ll make it
Now y’all know I don’t subscribe to perpetrating a fraud, so I have to try all the recipes before I post them. Sometimes you might have to tweak a recipe because the cook time is off or you might want to substitute an ingredient. Well, the good news is this recipe delivers on the money!
Even the image from her recipe that stopped me dead in my tracks, is true to how the bars will look in the end. I’ve tried recipes in the past where the image looked nothing like the end result but in this case what you see is what you get. I am not faking the funk here. Hopefully these keto friendly raspberry jam crumble bars will inspire you to go into the kitchen and get your bake on! If you’re looking to try another one of my sweet treat favorites, then check out the berry fruit tart recipePrint
Raspberry Jam Crumble Bars
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Keto
Raspberry Chia Jam
3 cups frozen or fresh raspberries
¼ cup water
½ cup chia seeds
¼ cup sugar free maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup coconut chips
⅓ cup almond flour
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
3 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
- Cover an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment pan and set aside.
- In a food processor with the S blade attachment add the almond flour, unsweetened coconut flakes, coconut flour, sugar free maple syrup, salt, coconut oil, vanilla extract and water (starting with 8 tbsps). Process until it gets crumbly and all the ingredients come together. If the ingredients don’t form a ball when pressed together then add the additional 2 tablespoons of water. Keep adding water 2 tablespoons at a time until the ingredients hold together firmly but a total of 10 tablespoons was enough for me.
- Press the dough into the 8 inch square baking pan evenly using your fingers or in my case I used a mini rolling pin, yea I have one of those…lol.
- With a fork prick a few holes in the base to prevent it from popping while it bakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let it fully cool down before adding the jam topping.
- While the bottom layer is baking, prepare the jam. Add the raspberries, water, chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Cook the jam on medium heat until the raspberries have melted, stirring constantly so the jam doesn’t burn. This should take about 5-6 minutes for the jam to thicken. You can also use an emulsion blender to speed up the process.
- Set aside the jam in a bowl and let cool to room temperature or until cold.
- Spread the jam on the bottom layer and return the pan to the oven to cook and set for 10 minutes.
- Add all the top layer ingredients into a small mixing bowl using your hand to combine the ingredients, rubbing the coconut oil and syrup all over the dry ingredients to create a crumbly batter. This part can be a bit messy!
- Crumble these ingredients on top of the jam layer and return the pan to the oven to bake for another 10 minutes until the coconut is golden brown.
- Let the pan fully cool down by placing it in the refrigerator for 1 hour so the jam can set. This will make slicing it easier.
You can store the bars in the pantry for up to a week in an airtight container.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. These nominal commissions do go towards helping with business costs.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sodium: 10.6mg
- Fat: 26.2g
- Saturated Fat: 14.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrates: 5g net
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: keto, dessert, raspberry chia jam, crumble, bars