Admittedly, I’ve not experienced the pleasure of drinking this cocktail but with a few tweaks I can now enjoy a keto friendly Moscow Mule.
Since the original Moscow Mule contains high carb ginger beer you’ll want to substitute the ginger beer with a ginger simple syrup.
A while back when I was juicing, I fell in love with ginger. In fact, I found myself craving its refreshing flavor. So, naturally I was curious to see if I would like this cocktail.
It should be noted that ginger comes with some amazing health benefits. For example, it can control oral bacteria, calm nausea, lessen muscle pain, and lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Because the Moscow Mule contains vodka, the city and alcohols association to Russia is how it became dubbed the Moscow Mule. Moreover, the bite from the ginger beer delivers a good kick like.
Typically it’s best to serve this cocktail in a copper mug because copper is a great thermal conductor. Therefore, it can maintain the temperature of anything hot or cold. Furthermore, copper intensifies the fizz from the club soda. Above all, it enhances the flavor from the ginger and lime making this one delicious keto friendly Moscow Mule.
In order to whip up this cocktail you’ll a shaker, and a 2 ounce jigger. Lastly, check out my post on what you need for a wicked bar setup so you can create any cocktail.Print
Keto Friendly Moscow Mule
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: keto
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces fresh lime juice
2 ounces ginger simple syrup
1 ounce regular simple syrup (optional if you need to cut the bite from the ginger)
7 ounces club soda (4 ounces if you want a stronger cocktail)
Lime wheel for garnish
Sprig of fresh mint for garnish
Ginger Simple Syrup Ingredients
1 ½ cup water
½ cup monkfruit classic
⅓ cup of fresh grated ginger
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, lime juice, ginger simple syrup, and the regular simple syrup. Cap and shake vigorously.
- Take a copper mug and fill with crushed ice. Pour the contents through the strainer from the shaker into the copper mug then fill with the club soda.
- Garnish with the lime wheel and mint sprig
Ginger Simple Syrup Directions
- Add the water, monkfruit and grated ginger into a small saucepan
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes
- Let cool then strain the liquid through a sieve to remove the ginger pulp
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. These nominal commission do go towards helping with business costs.
- Serving Size: 1 mug
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sodium: 28.1mg
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 3 net
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Moscow Mule, cocktail, ginger simple syrup, cocktails