Eggplant is something that can be served hot or cold so let me turn you onto a keto friendly grilled eggplant recipe. I love to serve it hot as a side or cold in a salad. But eggplant is also good prepared in a wok or used as a replacement for lasagna noodles.
While we tend to think of eggplant as a vegetable, it’s actually part of the solanaceae fruit family. And this fruit is packed with lots of benefits! Specifically, it contains antioxidants to help lower LDL (the bad) cholesterol plus fight cancer diseases . Additionally it’s a good source of fiber to improve your heart health and digestive system.
Surprisingly, it also contains iron and calcium to improve bone health and prevent anemia. In addition, the phytonutrients help boost memory. So, aside from its great taste, this is one fruit I can embrace what it has to offer!
Finally, the key to this keto friendly grilled eggplant recipe is to let it sweat with a little salt. The salt helps tenderize and release any bitterness in the eggplant.
Now if you want to try your had at grilling something else then check out my grilled balsamic barbecue pork tenderloin recipe.Print
Keto Friendly Grilled Eggplant
2–3 medium size eggplant
1 good seasoning italian dressing packet
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp salt
- Pour Italian seasoning packet, vinegar, olive oil & water in a bottle and shake until combined.
- Wash eggplant
- Cut off the ends then slice into ¼ inch slices
- Lay eggplant slices on a cookie sheet(s) and sprinkle each slice with salt
- Let the slices rest for 20-30 minutes so they can sweat
- Preheat the grill to 400°F/204°C
- Place the eggplant on the grill and cook until brown or slightly charred on both sides.
- While the eggplant is cooking pour the Italian dressing into a flat round bowl
- Dip each eggplant slice into the dressing making sure both sides are coated
- Return to the grill and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Serving Size: 4-5 slices (1/2 cup)
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 0.264g
- Fat: 18.018g
- Saturated Fat: 2.488 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.902g
- Carbohydrates: 1g net
- Fiber: 0.206g
- Protein: 0.072g
- Cholesterol: 0