For those of you who are fans of Mediterranean cuisine you’ll love this greek chicken sheet pan recipe. It’s a quick recipe that serves four but if you have a bigger family just click on the box to double or triple the recipe.
As y’all know I like to keep an eye out for different kinds of seasonings that will improve the flavor of my dishes. With that said, I happen to come across some black truffle powder while shopping at Trader Joe’s. I’m familiar with truffle oil but not truffle powder and truth be told I haven’t cooked with either. So I like the idea of adding truffle powder to my spice collection especially since it will keep longer than the oil.
Surprisingly something I didn’t know about truffle is that it belongs to the 5th taste category referred to as umami. Umami is meaty and savory in addition to deepening the flavor of anything you put it on. Chefs around the world often use umami to take their food to the next level and I’m all about that. So I’ve added the truffle powder to my marinade and sprinkled some on the veggies which I have to say definitely improved the flavor!
But on the off chance that a Greek chicken sheet pan recipe isn’t up your ally try my pork, fennel and brussel sprout sheet pan recipePrint
Greek Chicken Sheet Pan
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: 4
2 chicken breasts ( cut in half)
½ red onion
1 yellow bell pepper
¼ cup feta cheese
¼ cup kalamata pitted olives
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup garlic cloves
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 tsp truffle powder
2 chicken breast ( cut in half)
½ cup olive oil
1/2 tbsp lemon zest (about one lemon)
2 lemons – (juiced)
1 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
5 cloves of garlic (minced)
½ tbsp truffle powder
1 tbsp Grey poupon ground mustard
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise the cut each half into thin slices
- Cut the onion into thin wedges and slice the bell pepper into strips.
- Put all the zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and garlic cloves into a large bowl and toss with the olive oil.
- Rearrange the veggies on a sheet pan and cook for 30 minutes until the veggies are roasted
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and place the chicken, olives and feta cheese on top of the veggies. Sprinkle the truffle powder all over then return to the oven. Cook for another 15 – 20 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C
Place the chicken and all the ingredients in a ziplock bag. Shake until all combined. Put in the refrigerator and marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Other marinade options are to let it marinade for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serving Size: 1 piece chicken
- Calories: 498
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 705g
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
Keywords: Greek, chicken, sheet pan, keto